LEGO > International visitors

Austrian LUG - LGOe.at

(1/8) > >>

herb66:
Hi everyone!

I just managed to register, though that was quite hard for someone who can't speek your language. Hope some of you can read english.
Yesterday I met some of you guys at the LEGO Brand Store in Vienna, although that was not in Vienna, but Vösendorf. Vienna has also a LEGO Brand store, but thats at the DZ (Donauzentrum, Wagramerstraße).

I discussed with KLF, who can speak perfect german, the possibilty of inviting us to our exhibitions. Maybe someone can open a thread where we could speak to each other in english or german, just as you like or can. I can also answer any questions on the subject of the Vienna Brand Store(s).

You can find the LUG that I'm in here: www.lgoe.at (it is german of course).
Here we have a MOC-Index where you can browse our MOCs: http://forum.lgoe.at/index.php?board=28.0 The first thread opened by shary contains items of Austria incl. many of my microscales of Austrian Landmarks. I myself am not on facebook or flickr etc.

I would also like to invite you to our biggest LEGO-Exhibition in Austria, that will take place 5th to 6th of Dec. in Mondsee/Rakousko.

Hope there could be some dialogue between our two LUGs, that would be nice.

Cheers,
Herb

KLF:
Hello Herb and welcome! ;)

At first - I don't think that my german is perfect man! ;) But thanks. ;) I looked over your LUG Forum and I was really fascinated by many of your MOC's. Sure your microscale (Architecture) Austrian Landmarks are cool but the Wiener Bus and Raumschiff Enterprise are excellent! ;) Also the other staff like Space models, etc. ! Our MOC's yyou can find here. I hope you will like them. ;) At least some of them. :P
Btw. we went also to the second LEGO Store at Kagram and we spend there ONE AND HALF hour!!! Crazy! ;)
I hope also other members of our LUG will communicate here. :P

MiKeL:
Hello Herb

and welcome. I'm a co-founder of this LUG (together with KLF). International cooperation with your LUG sounds great and I'm personally looking forward to it.

I can only speak english (even I learned german many years ago, but I forgot a lot, maybe a chance to learn it agian ;)), so if possible, I will prefer english for our communication ;)

STARHAWK:
Hi Herb and welcome,

English would be also for me easier as i have to use it daily at work, although i never learned it during my school times (have learned German language more than 10 years, but didn't used it that much since school times are gone).

Checked your forum, particular Star Wars MOC as im one of few here who are building SW MOCs for this LUG. There are some very nice and interesting pieces there. For example that Y-wing custom - would like to see hows the cockpit done.

Was few days ago also visiting Lego shop at SCS during my trip to Lipno Point exhibition. Pity we don't have one in Bratislava.

herb66:
Thanx for the warm welcome and opening this thread.

Well, KLF, your german is by far better than my slowakian. When i have browsed your MOCs i could read a few english words and "most" which I know means brigde and kostel is church, and a few more, like hrad and zamek. But I can't even say yes or no in your language, nor do I know the numbers, like counting from 1 to 10. I once tried but forgot immediatly  ::)  ;) devet might be nine?! - So it is good to have something in common, like a more or less good english. It will be good enough to communicate.

Well, i have told you that I have browsed a few of your MOCs and I see many beautiful things, like cars, trains and castles, and models of known slowakian buildings, which touch me most, as I'm a fan of architecture, no matter if micro or minifigscale. I've also seen some superb city houses (cc-Building-MOCs).

I want you to use this thread telling me about your exhibitions, maybe you can put here the dates and towns with info in english what you plan to expose.

Just wanted you to inform, that on 14th of November there is the AFOL-Shopping at our stores. if you need information on that topic your ambassador should have it all. The very same day there is a LEGO-fan-meeting at Vienna (exact place and time are not yet set) and it would be nice, if some of your LUG members would come around for a little meet and greet. It's just sitting together at a restaurant and doing some small talk.

At our exhibition in Mondsee markus1984 will show has latest StarWarsMOCs, which he normally doesn't show also in Vienna. But you would also see the range of other MOCs, like cc-Buildings, Trains, technic, mindstorms, our microscaletown "Teensietown" (http://forum.lgoe.at/index.php?topic=3563.150 and http://teensietown.weebly.com/ and so on.

Around easter we also had a big exhibition at Vienna the last years. We hope that we will have one as well in 2016. However the next will be at the Modellbaumesse, a fair for all sorts of model-building, not just LEGO, where we show just a few things. That would be 23rd-26th of Oct. at Messe Wien.

Well, have a good time!

Navigácia

[0] Index správ

[#] Ďalšia strana

Go to full version