Autor Téma: Austrian LUG - LGOe.at  (Prečítané 23394 krát)

Odhlásený herb66

• Príspevkov: 96
Austrian LUG - LGOe.at
« : 16. September 2015, 15:12:08 »
Hi everyone!

I just managed to register, though that was quite hard for someone who can't speek your language. Hope some of you can read english.
Yesterday I met some of you guys at the LEGO Brand Store in Vienna, although that was not in Vienna, but Vösendorf. Vienna has also a LEGO Brand store, but thats at the DZ (Donauzentrum, Wagramerstraße).

I discussed with KLF, who can speak perfect german, the possibilty of inviting us to our exhibitions. Maybe someone can open a thread where we could speak to each other in english or german, just as you like or can. I can also answer any questions on the subject of the Vienna Brand Store(s).

You can find the LUG that I'm in here: www.lgoe.at (it is german of course).
Here we have a MOC-Index where you can browse our MOCs: http://forum.lgoe.at/index.php?board=28.0 The first thread opened by shary contains items of Austria incl. many of my microscales of Austrian Landmarks. I myself am not on facebook or flickr etc.

I would also like to invite you to our biggest LEGO-Exhibition in Austria, that will take place 5th to 6th of Dec. in Mondsee/Rakousko.

Hope there could be some dialogue between our two LUGs, that would be nice.

Cheers,
Herb

Odhlásený KLF

• Príspevkov: 5480
    • Moja zbierka
Re: Austrian LUG - LGOe.at
« Odpoveď #1 : 16. September 2015, 16:04:00 »
Hello Herb and welcome! ;)

At first - I don't think that my german is perfect man! ;) But thanks. ;) I looked over your LUG Forum and I was really fascinated by many of your MOC's. Sure your microscale (Architecture) Austrian Landmarks are cool but the Wiener Bus and Raumschiff Enterprise are excellent! ;) Also the other staff like Space models, etc. ! Our MOC's yyou can find here. I hope you will like them. ;) At least some of them. :P
Btw. we went also to the second LEGO Store at Kagram and we spend there ONE AND HALF hour!!! Crazy! ;)
I hope also other members of our LUG will communicate here. :P

Odhlásený MiKeL

• Príspevkov: 2499
    • Moja zbierka
« Odpoveď #2 : 16. September 2015, 16:06:25 »
Hello Herb

and welcome. I'm a co-founder of this LUG (together with KLF). International cooperation with your LUG sounds great and I'm personally looking forward to it.

I can only speak english (even I learned german many years ago, but I forgot a lot, maybe a chance to learn it agian ;)), so if possible, I will prefer english for our communication ;)

Odhlásený STARHAWK

• Príspevkov: 1043
« Odpoveď #3 : 16. September 2015, 20:55:11 »
Hi Herb and welcome,

English would be also for me easier as i have to use it daily at work, although i never learned it during my school times (have learned German language more than 10 years, but didn't used it that much since school times are gone).

Checked your forum, particular Star Wars MOC as im one of few here who are building SW MOCs for this LUG. There are some very nice and interesting pieces there. For example that Y-wing custom - would like to see hows the cockpit done.

Was few days ago also visiting Lego shop at SCS during my trip to Lipno Point exhibition. Pity we don't have one in Bratislava.

Odhlásený herb66

« Odpoveď #4 : 17. September 2015, 12:41:59 »
Thanx for the warm welcome and opening this thread.

Well, KLF, your german is by far better than my slowakian. When i have browsed your MOCs i could read a few english words and "most" which I know means brigde and kostel is church, and a few more, like hrad and zamek. But I can't even say yes or no in your language, nor do I know the numbers, like counting from 1 to 10. I once tried but forgot immediatly  ::)  ;) devet might be nine?! - So it is good to have something in common, like a more or less good english. It will be good enough to communicate.

Well, i have told you that I have browsed a few of your MOCs and I see many beautiful things, like cars, trains and castles, and models of known slowakian buildings, which touch me most, as I'm a fan of architecture, no matter if micro or minifigscale. I've also seen some superb city houses (cc-Building-MOCs).

I want you to use this thread telling me about your exhibitions, maybe you can put here the dates and towns with info in english what you plan to expose.

Just wanted you to inform, that on 14th of November there is the AFOL-Shopping at our stores. if you need information on that topic your ambassador should have it all. The very same day there is a LEGO-fan-meeting at Vienna (exact place and time are not yet set) and it would be nice, if some of your LUG members would come around for a little meet and greet. It's just sitting together at a restaurant and doing some small talk.

At our exhibition in Mondsee markus1984 will show has latest StarWarsMOCs, which he normally doesn't show also in Vienna. But you would also see the range of other MOCs, like cc-Buildings, Trains, technic, mindstorms, our microscaletown "Teensietown" (http://forum.lgoe.at/index.php?topic=3563.150 and http://teensietown.weebly.com/ and so on.

Around easter we also had a big exhibition at Vienna the last years. We hope that we will have one as well in 2016. However the next will be at the Modellbaumesse, a fair for all sorts of model-building, not just LEGO, where we show just a few things. That would be 23rd-26th of Oct. at Messe Wien.

Well, have a good time!

Odhlásený KLF

• Príspevkov: 5480
    • Moja zbierka
« Odpoveď #5 : 18. September 2015, 10:28:51 »
I guess one day we can take a trip to LGOe event! ;) As like LGOe members can visit us! ;)
Currently we have an exhibition in Kosice but that's too far for you (cca like Mondsee for us). But for next year we are in negotiation with Trencin what would be great. Our reports from past exhibitions and events you can find here and our plans for future events you can find here. It's in Slovak language but the subject of the topic tells you where and when the event take place.

Well - with MOCs there is a problem here on our LUG. We have discussed it just on the way from Vienna. When we look around Slovakia (Austrian LUG, Hungarian LUG, Polish LUG or Czech LUG) - people there are building, building and building! They are presenting still new MOCs and not just from 2-3 members but from many members! Doesn't matter if it's a little MOC or a large cathedral. Here on our LUG we have a few MOCs per year. I don't know why it is so but my opinion is that the problem is apathy and laziness - sometimes not excluding me! >:D It's a shame because we have potential. We try to motivate members by building competitions but still without any greater effect. In fact we have two really great builders - Budo and Paliason (he's living near Vienna) but that's too few. Well - on the other side we're not so big comunity like Hungarian, Polish or Czech LUGs but still we (administrators) are hoping for greater efforts. ;)
« Posledná zmena: 18. September 2015, 20:22:00 od KLF »

Odhlásený herb66

« Odpoveď #6 : 21. September 2015, 20:30:44 »
Trencin looks and sounds great. I'm looking forward to going there with my family and/or other LGOe-Members.

As with MOCers, believe me, it is everywhere the same. Only few are building, most people are collectors of star wars sets and minifigs. The City houses we present are all more or less the same where ever we have exhibitions. I'm one of the builders who do a bit more, and there is markus1984, our star wars perfectionist, who builds, takes a photo and destroyes afterwards to start all over again, building something new for a contest or so.

People say they have no time, but they have plenty of time to do Computer games all day long and checking Facebook 25 hours a day. Take away there Mobiles and they wouldn't know what to do with the sudden sparetime ;-)

Anyway, have a good time over there!

Odhlásený Paliason

• Príspevkov: 1307
« Odpoveď #7 : 22. September 2015, 11:11:48 »
Hallo Herb und willkommen in unserem Club.

Für mich ist hier besser auf Deutsch sprechen.
Ich hab auf eure LGOe-Forumseite geschaut. Es gibt dort sehr viele perfekte MOCs, auch von dir und auch von deinen Mitgliedern!
Die Österreichische-"Microscale"-Gebäude sieht super aus. Bei manche, wusste ich sofort, um was geht - (ich war im Gasometer, Haus des Meeres, bei Millenium City, Stephansdom, Unocity)

Bus der Wiener Linien ist geil! Wie in Wirklichkeit! Hat der Autor auch Fotos von andere Modelle irgendwo?
Ich baue auch große Cars, Trucks... u.s.w.  Technic und Model Team ist mein Parkett.

Es gefält mir sehr auch die Film-TV-Szenen, besonder Blade Runner und ClapTrap-robot von Borderlands!!!
Star Wars ist ebenso TOP!

Wieviel Mitglieder hat euer Club? Die Sache mit bauen und sammeln ist bei uns ähnlich wie bei euch. Ein Paar Leuten bauen "im Rahmen des Möglichen" neue Modelle für jede neue Austellung, und die restliche sind Sammler. Ich hab auch andere Interesse, nicht nur Lego, aber die Zeit finde ich immer.

Herb, wir geben dir bescheid, wenn wird die Ausstellung in Trencin aktuell sein. Ich wohne in Trencin.

Odhlásený herb66

« Odpoveď #8 : 22. September 2015, 13:10:20 »
Vielen Dank, Paliason! Ich habe Deine Worte bei uns im Forum weitergeleitet.

I just found out, that readers of your forum can't see any pictures when not being registered. Thats a pity, not just for our LUG but any other as well ...

Odhlásený MiKeL

• Príspevkov: 2499
    • Moja zbierka
« Odpoveď #9 : 22. September 2015, 13:36:05 »
I just found out, that readers of your forum can't see any pictures when not being registered. Thats a pity, not just for our LUG but any other as well ...

From now, it is possible also for guests to see the pictures. Enjoy!!!

Odhlásený mesje

• Príspevkov: 2026
« Odpoveď #10 : 22. September 2015, 14:27:48 »
Welcome Herb!
Great to have also an international section here...
How many (active) members does your Austrian LUG have?

Odhlásený herb66

« Odpoveď #11 : 22. September 2015, 19:19:50 »
From now, it is possible also for guests to see the pictures. Enjoy!!!

Thank you very much - and it works. Some of our LUG have already checked your MOCs. One guy, znarfi2, want me to tell you that he finds your logo quite inspiring. He already has visited the tatra and climbed her tops about 20 years ago.

Or LUG has 74 paying members and a handful of active MOCers. Not everybody shows his work at our Forum, some prefer to present their work on flickr and via Facebook, as well at our exhibitions. I think that really active builders are between 15 und 20 People, some of them do just a little work now and then, some do more.

Here you find our competition work, which is quite funny: http://www.lgoe.at/arcbw.htm

Odhlásený herb66

« Odpoveď #12 : 25. September 2015, 15:01:18 »
Since I don't know where to post it in your forum:

Are there any bricklink-sellers in Slovakia that you can recommand? Maybe even among the TatraLUG Members?
And is there also one in or near Bratislava where I could buy and fetch (cash on delivery)?

Odhlásený STARHAWK

• Príspevkov: 1043
« Odpoveď #13 : 26. September 2015, 15:27:47 »
Since I don't know where to post it in your forum:

Are there any bricklink-sellers in Slovakia that you can recommand? Maybe even among the TatraLUG Members?
And is there also one in or near Bratislava where I could buy and fetch (cash on delivery)?

Matt251 is our member - good SK shop
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=matt251

Friend - also a member, was from Bratislava, did offered a personal pickup of lego (usefull for me as i work in Bratislava to save postage costs) - pls contact him as i know he moved elsvere but maybe still offers personal pickup
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Friend.bricks

Freddy - good selection, i did some purchases already in this shop (SK but not from Bratislava, in fact the oposite side of SK :) )
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=FreddysBricks

Tose are stores i personally did used,  but there are more if u lookup BL shops by country (some more from Bratislava directly too)

Odhlásený herb66

« Odpoveď #14 : 26. September 2015, 17:06:41 »
Thank you very much. Freddy has some good parts I need. I think that I will do a purchase there soon.